What’s challenging/interesting/rewarding about my current job?
- The most challenging and rewarding part of my job is navigating the power of video content in today’s ever changing marketing landscape.
How do I use various communication proficiencies in my work?
- Written communications: From content scripts to responding to RFP (Request for proposals), strong, clear communication is vital.
- Oral communications: My job requires that I give presentations as well as conducting strategic creative meetings.
- Visual communications: Ultimately, the execution of my work is driven visually.
What surprised me about my career?
- Although I anticipated a rapid move from traditional advertising to inbound marketing … I’m surprised how fast the shift occurred.
Here’s my number one piece of advice for Communication undergrads:
- Start by starting. Jump in. Lead with your strengths and interests while improving. You got this!
Class year: 1992
Previous jobs since graduation: 19 years with Media Development – Quincy IL. 5 years: CANN Productions, Inc.